President Donald Trump said Tuesday that there are no ongoing or planned talks with Iran to end the war, as the United States and Iran remain locked in a standoff over control of the Strait of Hormuz nearly six months after the conflict began.
Trump said there were no discussions underway with Iran and no new talks had been scheduled, despite previously indicating that diplomatic contacts were taking place.
"There are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran," he wrote in a post on his Truth Social platform.
"The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect," he continued. "The Hormuz Strait is open and operating."
"All water mines have been removed or detonated," Trump added, repeating a claim he made last week.
His comments came after his son-in-law and envoy Jared Kushner told Fox News on Monday that Iran was "not showing any interest" in reaching a deal that "makes sense" for the United States.
As recently as Monday, Trump had indicated there was still some level of communication between U.S. and Iranian officials, referring to "backchannel" contacts between Americans and members of Iran's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
While some tankers are reportedly passing through the Strait of Hormuz with their transponders switched off, traffic through the critical maritime chokepoint has fallen sharply since the war began in late February, with both the U.S. and Iran imposing restrictions on the waterway.
A commercial vessel was also struck by an "unknown projectile" while transiting the strait on Tuesday, according to the British military. The incident caused damage to the ship's engine room and resulted in one casualty.
Meanwhile, Iranian Parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf criticised Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, saying the two officials were out of their depth in the conflict.
"Americans think squeezing Iran harder will win concessions that were never part of the agreement," Ghalibaf wrote in a post on X, apparently referring to U.S. sanctions.
"Bessent and Hegseth are way out of their league," Ghalibaf added. "Stop waiting for the clown crew to pull a rabbit out of their hat and clean up the mess you made."
Ghalibaf has repeatedly criticised the Trump administration on social media. Last week, he accused Washington of "theater diplomacy on loop" over Trump's threats of major attacks followed by indications that negotiations were back on.
Additionally, The UAE's defence ministry said its air defences had detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran towards the country, marking the first such warning in months.
"The Ministry of Defence announced that assessments revealed the two ballistic missiles detected, originating from Iran, were targeting maritime navigation and fell into the sea," the ministry said in a statement posted to social media.
Iran had not immediately commented on the allegations but has previously warned that the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until it reaches a peace agreement with the United States.
The UAE was among the countries hardest hit by Iranian attacks after the war began on 28 February, with nearly 3,000 missiles and drones directed at the country, according to UAE authorities.
The UAE reported no attacks after a memorandum of understanding between the parties took effect in June, although the agreement has since expired.



